I can sense your judgement from here. But if you’re reading this tonight than you are super lame too!
Welcome to the club.
Unless, of course, you are reading this tomorrow morning (in the freaking future) after a wild night out on the town. Well then, this is awkward.
Here is my view right now:
I’m tryyyying to learn the labyrinth that is Google Analytics for work. In theory, this seems like a wonderful idea. In reality, it’s kinda creepy right? Like, technology is terrifying, it knows everything!!
Not pictured: the fan right next to me (because hella hot Edmonton!), a nice cold brewski, my Rafael Nadal bobble head (if you look very hard you can spot him), and The Bachelorette in the background.
Anyone else here a Google Analytica ninja? Wanna share your secrets?
I also reeeeally want to learn how to code. I feel like it’s badass, especially as a lady. Just putting that out there.
Ok, I will let you carry on with the rest of your Friday evening. The rest of the day was excellent. Got a workout and a half in this morning, feeling back to normal (aka hyper).
The last couple days have been ROUGH. Like exhaustion, fever, voice like a trucker (or, I like to think, woodland creature).
Needless to say, I have been feeling a little bit groggy. Normally, a person would be like – “I’m sick! I better stock up on all the vegetables, tea, herbal concoctions to make sure I am doing everything I can to get better quick!”
Ahem, soooo not how I roll.
It was basically a bloodbath of comfort food over the last couple days. So, I may not have a fever anymore, but I’m still feeling uber groggy.
So this morning I’m heading to the gym! Ever since my half, I’ve hardly been in. Mostly because work has been insane, but also because I always find post-race really hard motivation wise.
But every morning when I wake up it’s like “oh ya, you’re going to Vegas is less than two months, and then am in a wedding in three.” It’s basically now or never.
That’s my morning rant. It’s not even 7AM here, blahh. I’ll check in to say how it went though!
I’m really happy Twitter exists for nights when I’m watching The Bachelorette.
That’s is all.
Just popping in to tell you all that I am upright, my hair is done, and I’m going to leave my cave (aka the apartment). I can sense how proud you all are! I know, I know, it’s an amazing feat.
And, I know you’re wondering, so in the vein of honesty is the best policy, I brought that diet Pepsi to bed (with a glass) because I was too lazy to get a refill from a fridge. If that doesn’t make you feel better about yourself, I don’t know what to tell you.
There are sooooo many things about this post that are embarrassing. My Weasly Wizard Wheezes tee is NOT one of them, a-thank-you very much!
Just kidding. But my hair isn’t brushed.
- What is it about relaxation days that makes your body be all like, “ok, now I can revolt against what you’ve put me through over the last week!” Because man alive I feel ROUGH.
- I did, however make my 7am workout this morning. Don’t worry, I’m impressed with myself too. (We won’t mention that I went straight to bed right after, mmmkay?)
- I’m watching Suits because everyone told me I have to. Umm… Do you guys also know that The Good Wife is also on Netflix? And WAY better. Will Gardner > Harvey Specter.
- I have my eye on the Berlin 2016 Marathon. And plans to do things a bit differently this time around.
- But first, I need to work on my next goal: cycling! It’s weird how I’ve gotten comfortable with running, that it seems like the easy option, where two years ago I was overwhelmed and confused about it. That’s how I feel about cycling at the moment. Why does it seem borderline impossible to find bike races online?!
- Also… Cyclocross would make me feel SO hardcore.
Hope you all are having a fabulous Monday! I hope my energy has been drained out of me into you guys. That sentence was creepier than I intended it to be.
Hi friends! It’s been a little bit since I’ve checked in, my apologies! I always go from feeling like blogging, and wanting a blog, to thinking that I’m really just talking to myself (inferiority complex here), to thinking that I don’t want to be that public (big ego talking here), to being just plain lazy.
Soooo in the spirit of laziness, here are some bullet points:
- I ran my half-marathon last weekend! It was slower than my other ones, but it was the first time I kept a consistent pace and felt comfortable for most of it. So I will take that as a win!
- But let me tell you – I was caught completely off guard by just how hard-core everyone was. I thought since it was just a small local race, it would be so chill. It didn’t take me long to realize that these are people who can casually run half-marathons on random Sundays. Whoops. I remember thinking when everyone sped out the gate, “I’ll get them in the second half!” Hahahaha. Ya right, I never did.
- But! I’m happy that it didn’t discourage me. I kinda just zoned out. I’m happy that I didn’t let my self-consciousness get to me. I could have easily gotten bogged down in negative thoughts – How I don’t look like runner, how I’ve never made huge strides in my running time, or how I wish I took my training more seriously. Instead I just soaked it all in.
- The Bachelorette is wild this season. What’s that, you’re judging me? Hush, you.
- Pumped to watch Canada’s match in T-minus 30 minutes. Go Canada Go! I wish we had more matches in E-town. What’s that, nobody calls it E-town?
- I sleepwalked for the first time in my life on Thursday. I went to sleep in one bed, and I woke up on another. At first I thought I had gone to the bathroom in the middle of the night and was just disoriented, but then I went into the washroom to find the entire vanity set up. Yaaaaa… that was more unsettling than I thought it would be.
- I got an impromptu day off tomorrow! Which is wonderful, but I have no clue what I’ll do. I may sneak in some work so I am not completely bombarded on Tuesday.
Ok, I’m just rambling now.
Holy man alive, how is it Sunday night?!
This weekend flew by. It was fun and stressful all at the same time.
- I stayed at my parent’s this weekend (because, hello, air conditioning), and therefore on Saturday morning I was able to curl up in my favourite blue chair and read my book. Ten points if you can guess what it is!
- I then went for my run. A slow and steady 10 km (6 miles for you American folk). It was just ok. My whole left side of my body feels really tight, which makes me nervous for my half next weekend.
- It’s weird, I don’t even really feel like I’ve trained for this half or that I’m ready for it. I’m not sure if that’s because running is just part of my routine now or because I’ve made some sort of terrible mistake…
- I then went to Edmonton’s pride parade. Let me just say – Edmonton, you killed it this weekend. The parade was AWESOME. I want rainbow coloured cross walks all year round.
- I didn’t get any pictures of it! My bad.
- Then I headed off to the FIFA Women’s a World Cup! Because, Ya know, some games are in Edmonton. I was so happy I got to watch Canada win. Bonus that Christine Sinclair scored the goal!
- Full disclosure: I seriously love Christine Sinclair.
- Today I met my fam jam at The Duchess Bakeshop for breaky before I had to go into work. It was recently named one of the best bake shops in the world on Buzzfeed, so we were pleased to get a table. Holy hell line up!
- But on a more positive note – I’m so happy Edmonton is getting some good press. We’ve basically been getting negative press since the 80’s. It’s a city that’s growing and has a lot to offer, especially in the summer (thanks for noticing National Geographic). So it makes my heart smile when my city pulls through! We’re not a major Canadian city, but we are one with a lot of character!
- On another note – I’ve downloaded a cycling training program. I’m always eager to jump onto the next goal, it also makes me nervous for the one I have coming up because I almost feel checked out. But I’m looking forward to pulling back the running and jumping full into cycling. Stay tuned!
- Omg is anyone still reading? If so, hats off to you!